Sunday 8 May 2011

Books

Yesterday, i recieved the 3 books i had ordered in the post. I got them all for under £10 - £8.something. They were from the Amazon Market Place where they were all just 1p with £2.something postage! such a good deal! Anyway, the books are:

Alice in the Looking Glass (Jo and Alice Kingsley)
Good Girls Do Swallow (Rachael Oakes-Ash)
A Shape of my Own (Grace Bowman)

They all got high reviews. I have already started Good Girls Do Swallow and am a fair way in. It is decribed as "very black, very funny story of her downfall and her recovery" so far, i agree wit this statement, it has alot of humour in it, but it is about a serious issue at the same time.

Alice in the Looking Glass I really am looking forward to reading, it is "A mother ad daughter's experience of anorexia". The first half is the monther's story and the second the daughter's. I hope it will help me understand my mum's feelings and how i affect her.

Lastly, A Shape of my Own. It is a memoir of anorexia and recovery; and thats all i know about it really! I shall have to read it and find out more!

I have only just got into reading again, I just finished Tiger Tiger, a book about a pedophile. The first book i have finished in a long time. I am probably only into reading again beacuse i should be revising for my exams!

All the books on eating disorders i will review once i have read them. Maybe one day i will write a book about my experiences!

Sophie x


Inspirational-Graphic-Quotes-Wallpapers-3



No comments:

Post a Comment