Wednesday 1 June 2011

Songs 4

Lady Gaga - Born This Way. While this song isnt directly about eating disorders, and there was probably no intention for it to apply, i believe it has relevence.

"There's nothin' wrong with lovin' who you are
She said, 'cause He made you perfect, babe
So hold your head up, girl and you you'll go far
Listen to me when I say

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way, born this way"

Basically, your beautiful the way you are. (I dont believe in God but..) God made you with your body and he "makes no mistakes". We should not try and alter our natural body shapes that we are born with. I weas born with a pear shape body but i changed it to be boyish, and now i am told i am ugly.

I wish we could all be more proud of who we are and who we were. I hated myself so i changes, but i should have loved myself and then i would have been more confident and not in the mess i am now.

I have noticed there are significantly more pro ana songs than pro recovery. Not good.

Sophie x



Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment