Monday 4 April 2011

Getting Treatment

Firstly, I just re read what i wrote yesterday, its a bit embarrassing and depressing. I should probably delete it, but one of the reasons i started this blog was to "document the journey". I would not have written that if it was not my feelings at the time.


The way i got into treatment was through my college. A few weeks/months after we started there we were told of a counselling service through 'Relate' that they provided. One day, a friend said, Sophie, why dont you go there? And before i could change my mind i booked an appointment. The college then referred me to a CAMS clinic. They saw me and the treatment began. I was weighed and my height take. I had to go to my doctors for lots of tests too. And now i have to see them every week. 


Part of me wishes i had not gone for help, i had just waited a little bit longer, my mum would have intervened and that  would have been better. I think she has quite alot of quilt for not stepping in sooner. She says she was in denial. But im sure if i had just waited a little bit longer she would have taken me to the doctors and then she would feel so much better.


I know there is no way i could ever get better without help, and thats the same for so many people. If you think you have an eating disorder, either seek help yourself, or talk to someone you trust. There are loads of places you can find help on the internet, or go to your gp (or any other doctor at the surgery) or a drop in counceller at your college/school/work, or an independent drop in centre. Anything, just make sure you do something. 


Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment