Thursday 7 April 2011

Mixed Messages

My family tell me everydayhow ill, skinny, weak and unhealthy I look. I believe them, but often people tell me the opposite which is really confusing.

Someone once asked me if I was a model, beacause i was slim. To me this is a complement and it made me feel happy. I would love to be a model.

A boy once said to me, "your like really really skinny" and i said "thats mean" and he said "no, its a complement, really its a complement"

There are more instances aswell.

When people are telling me different things, what am i supposed to believe? its even more confusing as sometimes i look on the mirror and see a scrawny, disgusting figure, other times i see someone ho looks like they could loose some weight. Infact, for a long time i was convinced the mirrors changed and all mirrors showed different images.

Its so confusing, and hard to know whats real and who to trust. I know i have to get better for health reasons anyway, and the only way i can stop being treated is to get better, regardless of whether i look good or not when i am better.

Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment