Tuesday 12 April 2011

Letter From A Friend

Yesterday, my friend gave me a letter that she had written when she was drunk.
I cried when i read it! Ill show you what it said.


Sophie,
Firstly, i am sorry that i am writing this when i am drunk [something i cant read!], but i find it hard talking when sober :s But i am SO proud of you for even taking the first step to getting better, and really want to help you take the next but you are doing so well. I really admire your strength in trying and doing do hard to get better,and when you feel guilty for eating less than you should (sorry if that sounds bitchy) but i am glad because it shows that you want to get better (and you are string enough to do it) We all WANT to help you, and even if we may not show it, REALLY do! I know it must be hard with family and money troubles but you shouold remember that YOUR health and YOUR happiness should come first! I dont admire anorexic girls at all because of how "strong" you think they are, I admire others because of how TRUELY strong they are, i think skinny <> beautiful, beautiful s knowing you dont have to look like the 5 or 6 supermodels in the world and the strength to enjoy food and not worry what others think! I cannot even begin to imagin all of the hard ships you have faced, or of how hard it has been for you but i really hope it becomes easier! you are seriously i think just about the nicest person that i know and you deserve to know that! I do not doubt for a second that you can and will get better, but it will take strength and time, i know that deep down you know your body is suffering terribly (sorry if this sounds like a bummer) but you are kind and strong andshould rock your body! Of all the things that take importance in my life, my weight and size isnt even in my mind, but you are! We all love you Sophie, just need to learn to love yourself. Sorry i am writing this drunk and sorry it sounds so shit, it is hard to put into words what i want to say/write. You deserve a really good group of friends (and maybe a guy) to show you how great you are (sorry i have not done it in the past) I hope things get alot betterfor you - you definately deserve it! I hope it is less stressful with college and your parents and money and food, and that you learn to love food again (as much as i do! hehe) your such a great friend and i hope that i can be there for you as much as you are for everyone and that it doesnt take a few beers and tears to ask you how your doing again. I hope [name withheld] is not a bad influence wanting to be skinny - it make me so sad knowing you are compromisinf yourself for dangerously thinness, lots and lots of love, luck and strengh, from a drunk [name withheld] xxx sorry for being drunk xxx


Woah, that was alot longer than i thought. I think its really sweet. I wish my friends could talk to me more easily. Is only when their drunk that we ever talk about it! they just dont know what to say to me.  I just really want to reassure them that i AM trying to get better.


Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment