Saturday 30 April 2011

Why Do I Look At Thinspo?

Before i began recovery, id actually never looked at any 'thinspiration' or any pro ana sites. But since starting recovery i have been looking on them. I look at them quite regularly too and i couldnt really work out why. I think it is some very vein reason about how i am thin enough to be in one of the pictures and be admired by people or something. This is all very embarrassing to write about!

On a youtube thinspo video, someone posted a comment which basically sums up why i watch it.

'i watch these to feel better about myself
I'm really skinny but i feel unattractive and awkward compared to the girls who have more meet on their bones... i especially don't like my super skinny arms.
However, seeing these? girls envied and looking so happy makes me appreciate myself more ;)'

I think that is exactly right. It puts into words what i was struggling to express. Its comforting to hear that others share the same, strange desire to look at thinspo. I have no chance of remaining this thin, so i wont stay like these girls and i know that, so why am it seems strange that i would want to see anorexia glamorised when i wont be in that category much longer.

Sophie x 



Discarded Another Step images

No comments:

Post a Comment