Sunday 24 April 2011

Nourishment & Food Plan Strategy

I did something a bit crazy a few days ago. As you can see from the "My Stats" post, the last time i when to the clinic i had lost a little bit of weight. My dad can with me this time, and he was very disappointed, my mum was too when we told her. The strange thing is, i think i was too. I think i wanted to put weight on! Well, either that or i really didnt want to let my parents down which is probably the more viable option, but if the will not to let my parents down was stronger than the will to not put on weight then thats good!


The crazy thing i did was agree to drink half a can of nourishment drink a day. Its a kindof milky drink with loads of vitamins and protein added. Its because my mum was like, 'Sophie, i think you need to make a big change'. So i mentioned i could probably do that and then there was no going back! she bought some that same day. I do drink it, it feels healthy because its got all those vitamins and protein (which is more difficult for vegetarians who dont like eating cheese or nuts to get). I think that when you add something to your food plan, it should be healthy because even if you dont feel like putting on weight is healthy for you, if it is healthy in another way you may feel better and less guilty about eating it. Or thats what i find anyway. Its like when they asked me to have butter at breakfast on my toast (one part of my breakfast), i think butter is unhealthy (there is a stigma attached to butter, in my mind although some people see it as healthy) so i stopped having toast for breakfast i have biscuits instead.


I do think its strange that the eating plan i got given at the clinic has never worked, (well, worked a little bit but really not very much) but i bet after my choice to add this drink i will put on weight. It makes me think they dont know what theyre talking about. Last week they told me to replace a cereal bar in the morning with a pot of Muller rice pudding, i clarified the size and everything and my dad bought some. It is the same amount of calories as a cereal bar so whats the point? i get frigging loads of dairy any way! and all of the rice puddings had 'low fat' written on them! She also said that because i am vegetarian i get no protein... whattt? So i told her there were nuts, seeds, vegetarian meat alternatives, eggs, cheese etc. Oh well, im booked in to see a nutritionist next month so she should know what shes talking about!


Sophie x     

No Regrets images

No comments:

Post a Comment